• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Shooting pain in ear after wisdom teeth extractions

A

Angie78

I have a question. I just had my wisdom teeth extracted on Tue 10-7-14. The top and bottom removed on the right, and the top one on the left. I had the usual pain that came with it but my meds helped me through that. On wed, 10-8-14, I noticed I was starting to get a sore throat and my neck was hurting a little. When I woke up Thur 10-8-14, the pain in my neck got worse and I realized then that my lymph nodes were swollen and I started having pain in my right ear. I called the dentist that evening when I got home from work and they told me that having my teeth pulled wouldn't effect my lymph nodes. When I got up Fri, 10-10-14, I couldn't hardly hold my head back far enough in the shower to wash my hair from my lymph nodes hurting and I had a severe shootimg pain in my right ear. I went to the doctor and she told me I have an ear infection. I have not had an ear infection for probably 30 years. I think the doctor was really second guessing the ear infection but she went ahead and gave me antibiotics since the dentist didn't. I don't go back to the dentist until 10-17-14 for my check up. Is there any way possible I could just be having difficulties from having my wisdom teeth pulled? Its just ironic that this all happened 2 days later and its all on the side where 2 teeth were pulled. Can having your teeth pulled effect your lymph nodes or cause shooting pain in the ear? This hurts worse than my mouth!

Update, today I went back to the dentist. Come to find out, the big gapping whole in my gum from one of my wisdom teeth extractions was collecting food. Never thought having food stored in your gums would be painful but it is. The dentist gave me a syringe to wash it out(9 days after the extractions). I hope my experience helps someone else out if they are experiencing the same pain. Be sure to get your syringe before you leave the office the same day of extractions!

Back