• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Short Implants

L

lleigh26

Has Anyone Got Experience With Short Dental Implants In The Upper Maxillary Area..?

Feeling Super Nervous About Having An Implant Done!! Xx

I have a short implant for my front upper tooth, and one in my lower jaw. I am not sure why a short one was used for the lower, as the one next to it is a longer one, but the surgeon had a reason.

@lleigh26 I have not had any issues. It was the usual adjustment period (full of worry of course) but I have had them several years now and they feel like normal teeth for the most part.

B@MountainMama Thank You ? Was The Short Implant Placed At The Time Of Extraction..? Xx

B@MountainMama Thank You ? Was The Short Implant Placed At The Time Of Extraction..? Xx
For the front tooth it was. For the molar, it was four months later.

How Was The Recovery Please..? Xx

How Was The Recovery Please..? Xx
The recovery for the extraction was not great, but a lot of it for me was worrying over my bone graft taking, or the implant integrating. The pain was easily taken care of with pain medicine. The main reason it wasn’t great for me was because I can’t take anti-inflammatory medications so the swelling was bad. With the front tooth, it was easier recovery, even though it was a bigger procedure, with a bone block graft and implant at the time of extraction. The swelling wasn’t quite as bad.
For the molar, the implant procedure was much, much easier recovery than the extraction. Minimal bleeding and pain only the first few days.

I Know A Few People Who Can’t Have Anti Inflammatories ?

Thank You For Your Reply.. It Has Helped Ease My Nerves ?

Was Your Short Implant Wider..?

Xx

I Know A Few People Who Can’t Have Anti Inflammatories ?

Thank You For Your Reply.. It Has Helped Ease My Nerves ?

Was Your Short Implant Wider..?

Xx
Honestly I have no idea if it was wider. I didn’t ask.

Back