• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I ask for IV?

hartsada

hartsada

Hello. It's me....I hope a dentist can answer my question. I'm scheduled for a #1 extraction on Tuesday May 14. They are calling it a sugical extraction without complications expected. They have never offered IV but after reading some posts, people who,are very anxious like me, say its better. It has not been an option because oral surgeon states will be out quick as it is fully erupted not impacted and cracked. No pain and best news....no infection. I've waited too long but I'm also tired of this ruling my life. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I think I'm ready but I hope I don't flip out:cry::scared:

You are thinking too much about this and winding yourself up, I believe you have the strength to do this, had they thought it was required they would have suggested it remember they see nervous people all the time so they are a good judge of a persons capabilities they obviously think you have the ability to do this, remember this has to be right for you and them they don't call in sedation unless really necessary, I would take their confidence in you as a big ego boost, you will do this so easily and I 'm sure like many others, myself included you will be coming back on here saying how easy it was. :)

Actually I'm better and have relaxed a great deal.....that is until Tuesday. Thanks and you are right.:grin:. I'm not sure about the ability part but more so where the tooth is and condition is more the reason they think local will be better. I am trying to accept my ego but my id is winning out...:devilish: Thanks again....

You are thinking too much about this and winding yourself up, I believe you have the strength to do this, had they thought it was required they would have suggested it remember they see nervous people all the time so they are a good judge of a persons capabilities they obviously think you have the ability to do this, remember this has to be right for you and them they don't call in sedation unless really necessary, I would take their confidence in you as a big ego boost, you will do this so easily and I 'm sure like many others, myself included you will be coming back on here saying how easy it was. :)

You will be shocked when this is over, one minute they will be making you numb and then the wait for you to go numb they will spend a little time preparing the tooth then all of a sudden they will have lifted it out and you won't even know it is gone until they tell you, that you are done and it is gone.

They do this all the time and would probably be able to do it in their sleep, it sounds so straight forward and absolutely no challenge for them at all. It is a big deal to us as we don't do it often at all.

I think you will find it is much easier than you think, you are going to be so happy when this is done. You will be fine, trust them.

If they thought you needed sedation it would be offered, it is much easier for them to treat a calm and still patient than someone that is in a panic. They must think that they can get you calm enough to get this done, nobody shook more than me at appointments and it is always easier than we think it is going to be.

You really can do this, try and have a good weekend and by this time next week you will be on here telling anyone that will listen to you how easy it was and how well you did :ROFLMAO: :butterfly:

Back