• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I cancel My appt?

T

Travie87

Hi Y'all. My heart is still super heavy with burden. I have so much on My plate. I am wondering if I should cancel My dentures consultation? Most of My teeth are in bad shape anyways, Absessed. I figure the dentist won't understand Me and just abuse Me anyways. I give up.

Hi Y'all. My heart is still super heavy with burden. I have so much on My plate. I am wondering if I should cancel My dentures consultation? Most of My teeth are in bad shape anyways, Absessed. I figure the dentist won't understand Me and just abuse Me anyways. I give up.
Noo please dont give up , take as long as you need to call the dentist. But just be weary that absesses are very dangerous and the infection can spread & any infection near your head isnt good at all .. hope you find the courage and strength to call soon ..

Best wishes

Hi,

Don’t give up, there is so much you can do to make it a positive dental visit for you. I would suggest tow paths:
One, how can you ensure you won’t get any bad remarks and attitude from the dentist. Maybe if you say it out front before the appointment or even during the beginning of the appointment. If you clarify to the dentist you have zero tolerance for bad attitude, I believe the dentist will comply.
Secondly, you can find the sources of motivation to deal with the anxiety and difficulty. I talk about it in my film The uncertainty factor.
The biggest problem with dental anxiety is avoidance. It is so easy to find a reason not to attend the dental clinic even though we know the right thing to do is to treat our teeth. Surely you have a lot on your plate but I am certain that once your dental health improves it will have a positive effect in other fields in life.

I am lucky to have a good dentist, who never made any bad remarks about my teeth.

I go regularly to the dentist but put off booking an emergecy appointment of having an absess for two days because I was scared, needed a root canal

Good luck

Good Morning Y'all. I decided I will keep My May 7th appt. So far My interaction with the clinic be it thru a phone call or on Facebook has been Great. They said they would get Me in sooner if the pain gets worse. I don't put off My endocrinologist appt or other medical appt. I won't this one. I just really hope there's no abcess in My mouth. So far not bad odors or anything thankfully.

I figure the dentist won't understand Me and just abuse Me anyways. I give up.

Glad to read you keep your appointment. There is some time left until 7th May so you feeling overwhelmed now doesn't necessarily mean you will feel overwhelmed on 7th May as well.
I was sad to read you feel your dentist won't understand you and just abuse you and it sounds more like what your fears tell you in the worst moments more than what really will happen. Dentists are here to help you with your dental issues and should be supportive. If that ever isn't he case, you should find a new practice. Delighted to read your recent interaction with the clinic was good. Hope you feel better soon.

Back