• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I Have my Wisdom Teeth Removed?

T

Taylor88

I have never been told that my wisdom teeth are causing a problem or impacted.
I have had a number of issues with my top teeth over the last 6 months, constant pain, fillings gone wrong, two root canal treatments that are still causing me pain.

Is it possible that my wisdom teeth could be contributing to my sensitive teeth?
It is only my top teeth that are causing my problems so maybe I could just get the top two out?

Opinions? Thanks.

Be careful about wisdom teeth extraction. In the US, this is all too common. You may need your wisdom teeth in the future for a bridge. In other nations of the world, they do not routinely remove wisdom teeth. All of our teeth in our mouth play a role, not just for chewing, but for head and bone structure. I attended a lecture where the doctor said that having teeth removed affects our pituitary. Do not have any teeth out unless absolutely necessary.

Back