• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Should I reschedule my wisdom tooth extraction?

P

Prod1gy

I am 39 years old and due this Thursday to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed, 3 impacted (one with a cyst) and one partially erupted.

Last week I got sick with a cough, getting better every day but these things always linger for weeks with me. Basically I cough up a some phlegm in the morning then usually good for rest of day. I might have a dry cough 3-4 times a day, but nothing bad.

So really my biggest fear is getting dry socket from the coughing and spitting up stuff in the mornings.

Some places I read says not to spit for minimum of 24 hours, this I can probably manage, but I know I will have to cough and spit at least a few times in the days following.

Should I push this out another 7-10 days or just go for it? I have had alot anxiety of the build up to this and would rather just get it over with.

Opinions?

Thanks

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Just go for it. You're not likely to get a dry socket anyway, no matter what you do.