• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I reschedule my wisdom tooth extraction?

P

Prod1gy

I am 39 years old and due this Thursday to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed, 3 impacted (one with a cyst) and one partially erupted.

Last week I got sick with a cough, getting better every day but these things always linger for weeks with me. Basically I cough up a some phlegm in the morning then usually good for rest of day. I might have a dry cough 3-4 times a day, but nothing bad.

So really my biggest fear is getting dry socket from the coughing and spitting up stuff in the mornings.

Some places I read says not to spit for minimum of 24 hours, this I can probably manage, but I know I will have to cough and spit at least a few times in the days following.

Should I push this out another 7-10 days or just go for it? I have had alot anxiety of the build up to this and would rather just get it over with.

Opinions?

Thanks

Just go for it. You're not likely to get a dry socket anyway, no matter what you do.

Back