• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I reschedule?

C

CaptainBicuspid

I've been seeing my current dentist for about two months now. He's great! He's nice and we joke a lot. I've had two major extraction by him, and I have a few more scheduled.
I just had five teeth pulled and I really want to heal a little bit before going for more. I'm really nervous to call and ask this because the last time I tried to reschedule the receptionist would push me to do it sooner. I have no fight in me to say no. My next extraction is this Thursday. I wanna wait until the end of the month where I feel a little better about doing it.
Should I reschedule?

My next extraction is this Thursday. I wanna wait until the end of the month where I feel a little better about doing it.
Should I reschedule?

Yes if you want to you. Dentistry is elective not compulsory.

Sure, reschedule! It might be easier to do so by email if you find the receptionists a bit pushy, or just say you’re really busy. Great to hear you’ve found a dentist you really like!

Yes, reschedule if you are not ready.

A receptionist has has many duties. Deciding when you come in is not one them.

Sure, reschedule! It might be easier to do so by email if you find the receptionists a bit pushy, or just say you’re really busy. Great to hear you’ve found a dentist you really like!

Just be careful because some dentist offices, including mine, do not accept cancellations via email and a fee is charged for missed appointments. But I agree with the others that if you are not ready, reschedule.

Back