• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

should i undergo root canal therapy?

E

egi

hi there. first of all i am not living in the united states.i apologize for my bad english in advance. i hope my question will be noticed and answered.

my second premolar tooth or tooth number 5 has been decayed for years. i didnt take care of it and because of massive decayed condition, previous night half of it dropped off all by itself and i didnt felt any pain or never see a drop of blood. even after this i have absolutely no pain and i can easily eat food with it. i saw a local doctor and he ordered a tooth canal therapy. i certainly dont like to do that, the money isnt important to me at all! what should i do? since i have no pain, should i undergo tooth canal therapy or is it possible to leave it all by itself. thank you.

should i undergo tooth canal therapy or is it possible to leave it all by itself. thank you. .

Leave it if you want to lose the tooth, eventually it will get infected or decay to the gumline and need to come out, once the tooth is gone you can never get it back. .

I've had lots of root canals- they are not bad, pre-molars usually only have one root- be careful though sometimes a second one can be hiding, if available an endodontist is the expert in rct.

rp

I agree with what RP said. The tooth most likely needs a root canal either due to the amount of decay going to the pulp space, or the tooth needs a post and core to rebuild the tooth for a crown, or possibly both.

Back