• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sideways tooth worries

S

smcelrea

As the title says I have a sideways tooth. I just noticed this after removing my final baby tooth (I'm pretty old to stll have baby teeth) and the molar underneath is facing almost completely sideways towards my toung. My baby tooth had been loose for over 1 year with the adult under it and i am worried about the state of the tooth. What i want to know is:

Will it have to be pulled, or
Will it straiten out eventually?
Or will i have to get braces or
Surgery?

Hi smcelrea,
I'm not a dentist but it sounds like the tooth is impacted and will likely not erupt straight if at all. This is pretty common with wisdom teeth. In most cases with wisdom teeth they are removed to prevent future problems. Is the tooth a molar? Sometimes the wisdom teeth are straight which case they remove the molar and leave the wisdom tooth to fill its space. Not sure if there is anything they can do to rotate it to its proper position. Usually it is sideways due to lack of space.

Back