• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

sigh, here goes

courtney13

courtney13

first post and i am so glad to come across this forum. bare with me please. i am 22 years old and for going on 5 years now i have had some pretty uncomfortable teeth issues. i guess it runs in my family, but the last few months have been terrible i worked up the courage to go to afdent for a consultation and i was informed (which i already was pretty certain) that i have to have every tooth removed and get dentures. theres no saving them. my question relates to tmj because they never really answered any of my questions, my facial bones seem to be moving upward to where my cheek bones are very visible and my normal chubby cheeks have sunk inward. my nose is really strange lately the bone i think its the bridge is always painful and it seems like my top lip is pushing up and it will squeeze against my teeth alot which is extremely uncomfortable and today i noticed my gums are flaring out over my teeth and dont seem to be very tight around my teerh at all. theres so many issues i just need some kind of answer or something to ease my mind. are these all related to tmj? i am getting the dentures just once again working up the courage. by the way my ears sometimes when i eat or open my mouth turn very read and feel hot. i also have alot of clicking in my teeth if i push against them with my tongue which is becoming impossible not to do as if my tongue grew longer or something lol i dont know im just terrified and sick of being uncomfortable literally constantly my bubbly personality is completely gone i dont even leave the house anymore:( sorry so long i guess i kinda just vented a bit also.

make absolutely sure that you actually need to have out all yourteeth. consider overdentures as an alternative if you in really bad shape.