• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinus damage after impacted wisdom tooth extraction.

T

thecreeker

I had an impacted wisdom tooth (plus the adjacent tooth) removed a week today and was informed after the procedure that one of the roots tore a section of my sinus wall which the dental surgeon repaired with sutures at the time of the extraction.
I was expecting a certain amount of pain/discomfort, swelling and bruising (I've had all my other wisdom teeth removed years ago) but nothing compared to what has actually occurred. I still have quite a bit of swelling in the cheek (over my cheek bone) and I bruised from eye to neck, which in areas are still coming out a week later. The worst part is that the pain level hasn't really lessened. It's not too bad where the actually teeth were removed, but the whole side of my face is still extremely tender and throbbing at times. I've been back to see both my dentist and doctor and have today been advices that there is a slight build up of fluid/clot in my sinus but that this should disperse in time.
I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and just how long it took for things to get back to normal. Attached a photo of me today - one week after surgery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 21
This is not typical at all but removal of teeth can sometimes cause significant problems. This will be gone in 2 weeks.
It is obvious that you had a large bleed that fortunately the surgeon was able to handle. Your physician is not going to be able to help in this case.

*sending healing vibes your way* Ouch. :(

Back