• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinus Infection?

A

aw92

Hi, new here! I just had a question before I make an appointment for the dentist tomorrow. I've been having ear issues since June off and on. I'd had a little sinus infection earlier in June which caused me discomfort in my ear and lower jaw. Today, I woke up with what I thought to be a sinus infection. My ear is hurting and my lower jaw and I also have an upset stomach. I decided that it must be my tooth, even though there's no visible swelling or abscess, it doesn't hurt or throb and I have no pain or sensitivity to cold or heat. Since I've been having sinus issues this summer, could that be what that is? With the exception of the weird feeling in my jaw, this is how I felt earlier this summer with my sinuses. I had considered going to the doctor tomorrow as I have a dentist appointment (for a cleaning) next Monday. Would it really matter waiting until then? I've had no pain or discomfort in that area until this morning.

Thanks in advance for your help!
-amanda

Hi aw92 if you are worried, as you seem to be from reading your thread. Ring the dentist and explain to them how you feel, let them decide if you need to go in before Monday.

It sounds to me that you will be fine, but as I am not a dentist it is only an opinion.

I would ring the dentist and let them put your mind at rest, if you are worried it is a long time until Monday and you don't want to be stressing yourself out over the weekend. :butterfly:

untreated dental infections are a major cause of bacterial sinusitis. Most sinusitis is viral or from allergies causing inflammation and congestion which block the narrow drainage passages then the pressure builds and you get pain. Dentists vary in their skills in diagnosing and treating this problem.

Back