• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinus lift in two week and am so worried

S

Scaredbutready

Hi all,
Although I’ve come so far in my dental journey I am absolutely terrified of my upcoming sinus lift to prepare for implants. It will be on both sides At once and two hours long. Done under local only. can anyone share any positive stories? it Seems so many people have had horrible recoveries, I’m hoping anyone Can share a positive experience. Thanks so much.

I haven’t personally had one (yet), but my father-in-law had one done in preparation for an implant. He said it was no big deal at all and he felt fine within a week. No worse than a mild sinus infection. He was advised to take Sudafed.

I don't know anything about sinus lifts but I do hope that it goes smoothly for you.

@nanobitethank you so much. Trying hard not to overthink it but for us with dental anxiety, that’s so tough!