• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinus lift with implants

S

Scaredbutready

Hi all
Just had my consultation for three implants and being that they are upper teeth I will need bone grafting and an extensive sinus lift. Of course my anxiety ridden self is freaking out. Does anyone have any experience with this? How painful, recovery, positives, regrets? I made an appointment but can always cancel. I’m just so scared of complications. Any insight would be much appreciated.

I Haven’t Yet But Will Be Having The Same Procedure ? There’s An Implant Discussions Page/Group On Fb That I Find Really Good At Answering Any Concerns I Have!! Xx

Hello scaredbutready

Congrats on taking the first step of having that consultation and making that appt, that is huge and a brave step. I know how anxiety and all the what if scenarios play out in the head..
I can tell you from the other side .. I've done it.. had several implants and 2 sinus lifts. I was pretty much freaking out ahead of time, it sounded awful and dreadful via google.. (hate to admit, yes I did google. ) even though my dentist tried to downplay and make it sound just easy and normal the sinus lift. it just didn't sound easy to me. I have to say. It was non eventful, and really not painful, during or after much. I guess its good that I really don't remember much of it at all. I can say I'm thankful to not have had any complications . I was pretty freaked out about it beforehand. but made it though :)

Thank you both so much! The sinus lift is what is freaking me out so much. It just sounds so intense and I do think mine is a bit involved. Everyone says it’s worth it and my surgeon said the extractions were the worst thing I’d go through so I’d be fine. Just knowing it doesn’t come without risk is scary. i think it will be worth it in the end. Thanks!

Back