• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinus Pain after upper molar extraction

C

Chris.

Hi!,

I got an upper molar extracted 1 week ago. The socket seems to be healing fine and I get no pain in the socket itself. However I do get tooth pain in other teeth every so often. When this happens the slightest touch can be quite sore. Eventually this dies down and its ok. The other issue is that I have sore sinuses. Even just walking on a hard surface I can feel the discomfort and if I tap my head its also sore (usual sinus pain). If I'm sitting doing nothing I dont feel pain.

I don't think I have a communication between my mouth and sinus as I don't feel any air or fluid coming through. Sometimes there is a strange taste around the extraction but I thought that was sort of normal. But I dont notice any air/fluid coming into my mouth or going up my nose via the sinus. Is this something that can be expected and is likley to heal?

Also, I was on Amoxcillan (anitbiotics). I was given a 5 days course but missed the last 2 days after I misplaced the tablets! Found them again and resumed yesterday (3day break) which is probably too late.

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Chris.

I was just going to say it sounds like you have a bit of infection when you said about the antibiotics. They should have been in your system still from the three days but it could be that because of the break you need another course.

You are best contacting your dentist and let them advice you on this. If you need some more antibiotics they can give you some. It is very important that you take a full course as instructed for them to work. :)

Last edited:
Thanks carole! I have an appointment with my dentist in 5 days time so I'll bring it up.

Cheers :)

Back