• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinuses and upper teeth

Judythecat

Judythecat

I have been off work the last couple of days with a properly stinking cold. My whole face feels like I have been punched, and my eyes, ears and upper teeth all ache. Both my upper right molars have had root canal, should I be concerned that they hurt when they have no nerves? I had a full checkup and x-rays in October and all was well. It’s a general achey pressure feeling that goes along my cheekbones, rather than proper toothache, if that makes sense.

I don't have a reply but at least sending you good wishes. It all sounds very painful, may you get better soon!

I don't have a reply but at least sending you good wishes. It all sounds very painful, may you get better soon!

Thank you. I also have aching ribs from coughing, I am a wreck. I should not have asked this stupid question because I know it is all just tied into this rotten cold!

My heart goes to you. There are no stupid questions whatsoever and we all need some reassurance when not feeling well. :there-there: Hope one of the dentists replies soon.

Sinus congestion may cause tooth pain in the area. Typically it involves multiple teeth

Sinus congestion may cause tooth pain in the area. Typically it involves multiple teeth

Thank you for your reply. My whole face hurts, including my top back teeth. My face feels so full of gunk that it’s putting pressure on everything. Hopefully I will feel a bit better tomorrow.

My top teeth ache when I get sinus congestion. Usually my back molars, and my canines and premolars if the congestion is really bad.

I have been super conscious of it with all the work I have had recently, and recent congestion has even made my extraction site (back upper molar) hurt!

I hope you feel better soon. It is bad enough to deal with sinus congestion, then worrying about teeth hurting on top of it!

My top teeth ache when I get sinus congestion. Usually my back molars, and my canines and premolars if the congestion is really bad.

I have been super conscious of it with all the work I have had recently, and recent congestion has even made my extraction site (back upper molar) hurt!

I hope you feel better soon. It is bad enough to deal with sinus congestion, then worrying about teeth hurting on top of it!

I feel like my face is ready to burst. Bleurgh. I am past the wretched stage now, but can barely talk and feeling very sorry for myself.

That sounds awful :( - hope you feel better soon :grouphug:

Apologies if you've been trying this, but a hot steamy bath/shower can help ease sinus symptoms a bit. Sometimes it helps to use (probably) your mum's old remedy of a bowl of boiling hot water with some boracic crystals and a towel :)

Apologies if you've been trying this, but a hot steamy bath/shower can help ease sinus symptoms a bit. Sometimes it helps to use (probably) your mum's old remedy of a bowl of boiling hot water with some boracic crystals and a towel :)
I have been steaming my head with Vicks in boiling water. I absolutely have to go back to work tomorrow and feel like I am at death’s door!

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow!

I have been steaming my head with Vicks in boiling water. I absolutely have to go back to work tomorrow and feel like I am at death’s door!

My heart goes out to you and wish you a speedy recovery. I also thank you for sharing your experiences and helping me confirm that indeed the problems I have been having are sinus related! (I have a history of cleft palate and rhinoplasty surgery so am well aware of these difficulties)

The things I have found helpful so far are: having a sacral cranial head massage with an osteopath, the procedure involves the practitioner gently tapping around your nose and mouth and is very pleasant, usually ticklish, and you will feel like a playful baby again having it done! Sniffing Olbas oil (eucalyptus) either by smelling the opened bottle or placing a few drops in boiling water and hence breathing the scented steam under a towel for several minutes.

In the UK specifically with regards to colds in general, I swear by an excellent product called "Day Nurse" which is almost instant in taking effect after swallowing (this is for the syrup type) and the caffeine lifts your mood and energy for hours to boot, allowing for most users to be able to continue to work. I also use their "Night Nurse" one for helping with sleep too.

If you are able to, spending some time in a steam room and sauna in a spa is helpful, and taking some sea air always benefits as well as lifting the spirits!

Hope this is of help. Simon XX

My heart goes out to you and wish you a speedy recovery. I also thank you for sharing your experiences and helping me confirm that indeed the problems I have been having are sinus related! (I have a history of cleft palate and rhinoplasty surgery so am well aware of these difficulties)

The things I have found helpful so far are: having a sacral cranial head massage with an osteopath, the procedure involves the practitioner gently tapping around your nose and mouth and is very pleasant, usually ticklish, and you will feel like a playful baby again having it done! Sniffing Olbas oil (eucalyptus) either by smelling the opened bottle or placing a few drops in boiling water and hence breathing the scented steam under a towel for several minutes.

In the UK specifically with regards to colds in general, I swear by an excellent product called "Day Nurse" which is almost instant in taking effect after swallowing (this is for the syrup type) and the caffeine lifts your mood and energy for hours to boot, allowing for most users to be able to continue to work. I also use their "Night Nurse" one for helping with sleep too.

If you are able to, spending some time in a steam room and sauna in a spa is helpful, and taking some sea air always benefits as well as lifting the spirits!

Hope this is of help. Simon XX

Bless you for your kind post. The bit about a spa sounds particularly appealing. I went to work today and was sent home after half an hour, but with three huge tote bags of marking. Because it’s the end of term it’s the absolute worst time to be off sick, and everything feels like it’s really getting on top of me. Bleurgh.

Back