• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sinusitis and teeth

J

JaySee19

Dental anxiety kept me from the dentist for years. A huge painful abscess brought me back into the fold! The emergency dentist who lanced the abscess said “oh, sh*t” when she looked in my mouth - very professional! And after dealing with the abscess told me the tooth had to come out. I said I’d go to my own dentist (who didn’t exist at the time) to get that sorted. And I’m proud to say I did actually get a dentist and he said he might be able to save the tooth with a root canal. What a hero - I liked him immediately!
But we’re not out of the woods yet. My sinus over the tooth has been playing up for months. I’m not prone to sinusitis, haven’t had a cold or flu in years and it’s only on one side. So I fear there may be some connection between my tooth and sinus which ultimately could endanger the tooth. Anyway we’re getting it checked out and the dentist just sent me the x-rays to show the ENT-guy.
Fascinating stuff. I personally can’t see anything nasty (nor could the dentist, although he said to check it out), so I’m feeling a bit more reassured. Now poring over the pictures trying to see what else is wrong in this gob of mine.
And why is going to an ENT guy less scary than going to a dentist?

Hi JaySee19,

glad you found a dentist who is willing to save the tooth and most importantly, who you like!
I think either ENT nor a dentist should be scary, it's all about personality and how well looked after you feel. Sounds like you have found the right people, which is usually the hardest part.
Hope you manage to figure out what's going on soon and indeed save the tooth!

All the best wishes

Hi JaySee19,

glad you found a dentist who is willing to save the tooth and most importantly, who you like!
I think either ENT nor a dentist should be scary, it's all about personality and how well looked after you feel. Sounds like you have found the right people, which is usually the hardest part.
Hope you manage to figure out what's going on soon and indeed save the tooth!

All the best wishes
Dentists are definitely scary!
Thanks for the good wishes. We shall see!

Back