• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Six days after tooth abstraction

T

tesleecar

So it's been 6 days since my lower molar was pulled. I still have slight pain but my question is is that I did have the white spots where it seemed to be healing but now they are gone and it's just black. It's not swollen and the pain is probably at a 4 on the scale. Also the site still tastes funny. I'm still being sensitive to how I eat and rinse but is it normal for the white spots to disappear? And now it looks like it's not closing.

S

Shellie

Hi. I'd say go in and have him just LOOK at it. You don't want to risk a dry socket! I had mine extracted 2 days ago and I have no pain. The site looks dark red to pink. Better safe than sorry! Best of luck!

T

Tryingtoovercome

no two mouths are the same. Healing is different for everyone. I had two wisdoms pulled at different times by the SAME dentist and each tooth extraction site healed completely different. One took way longer than the other. I say all of this to say it wouldn't hurt to have your dentist check it however it's not abnormal to have some mild pain 6 days later either.