• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Skydive or dentist

C

ChrisG

Stupid question maybe, I am doing both in the next year as they are both huge fears, But if you had to choose one, which one would it be?

Hahaha!! What a question. Oh, my...I'm terrified of heights and anything to do with planes so as much as I would be tempted to go with sky diving realistically speaking I would reluctantly have to pick the dentist!

There was a time when I definitely would have chose skydiving without hesitation and actually wanted to try skydiving just because it seemed fun but as I get older, I am becoming increasingly aware of my own mortality and now I find myself very conflicted about doing it. Now that I am comfortable with my dentist after many years with her, I would definitely choose her in most cases. Although it would depend a little on the dental procedure...there are a few dental procedures where I would still probably prefer jumping out of a plane! :butterfly:

Hi do both, my son did a sky dive and said in his words, it's awesome the best thing he has ever done in his life. I beat the dental fear which was well worth it. Both will give you such a confidence boost and make you feel on top of the earth. Which of course with one of them you actually will be :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: almost :butterfly:

Stupid question maybe, I am doing both in the next year as they are both huge fears, But if you had to choose one, which one would it be?

Find me tandam jumping instructor since I've never done it be and sign me up for skydiving!

I have an appointment tomorrow and do this in my head right up until I am in the chair...or as close to IN the chair as I can get. SKYDIVING. Hands down.
I'd also jump into a vat of slithering snakes,
Stand on top of the Empire State Building,
Hold a tarantula
and do some serious public speaking

......all of it NAKED.....rather than go to the dentist or endodontist....really, any kind of "ist" to do with my teeth.

(Naked - but with a parachute)

I have an appointment tomorrow and do this in my head right up until I am in the chair...or as close to IN the chair as I can get. SKYDIVING. Hands down.
I'd also jump into a vat of slithering snakes,
Stand on top of the Empire State Building,
Hold a tarantula
and do some serious public speaking

......all of it NAKED.....rather than go to the dentist or endodontist....really, any kind of "ist" to do with my teeth.

(Naked - but with a parachute)

Mugz.....lol...lol..lol!!!!!! you do crack me up. Somehow you vocalise my absolute feelings and fears in a classy sucinct manner. Thanks for tonights chuckles :nahnahna::nahnahna:

Thanks Miss P! So glad I could help!

Dentist! I'm terrified of heights and I Hate falling

Skydive, mostly because I love a good challenge!

Mugz, I have held a taranchula before, just not naked!

Skydive. With all the work I've needed done recently, I'd do anything to avoid another dentist appointment.

I suppose skydiving could solve your dental problems ... but it would create a few others in the process, most of which are rather hard to live with.

Scary that I thought of the solution first? Guess how many teeth I need to have worked on ...

dentist. I would not fancy have dental work done or checkup whilst skydiving at the same time.

Skydive, no question.