• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Slight ringing in my ear - Earwax products say 'see your dentist'

T

Tommy6789

Over the past 4 or 5 months, I've noticed a ringing in my right ear. I don't think it's tinnitus, it is just the normal background ringing noise which is sort of always there, but it has become more amplified. When I bite down hard on that side of my face, it gets a bit louder. When I bite down on the other side of my face, there's no effect.
Now, the reason I mention this in a dental forum is: I popped into Boots to look for some ear-drops to soften ear wax, and the instructions said I should consider consulting my dentist, as this ringing could be a sign of a decaying tooth. And I thought to myself, funny they should mention that - because, I have noticed over the past year or so, that my upper molar, the very last one right at the back of my mouth, on that side of my face, seems to be pointing outwards (towards my cheek). There's no pain, no toothache as such, no difficulty when eating, yet I have noticed it, somehow. I have just randomly looked at my teeth in the mirror (I can't even recall when I first noticed it) and thought to myself "how come that tooth seems to be leaning outwards at a different angle to the other teeth? Was it always that way, did I just never notice it before?"
I should also mention that the molar directly below the "leaning" one was extracted about 18 months ago, and so now, this molar has nothing below it to bite down on. Perhaps this is a factor which causes the upper molar to "lean"? ....But anyways, calling any dentist out there, what do you think? Is this ringing in my ear a timely warning sign that this molar is going to need attention soon?

Over the past 4 or 5 months, I've noticed a ringing in my right ear. I don't think it's tinnitus, it is just the normal background ringing noise which is sort of always there, but it has become more amplified. When I bite down hard on that side of my face, it gets a bit louder. When I bite down on the other side of my face, there's no effect.
Now, the reason I mention this in a dental forum is: I popped into Boots to look for some ear-drops to soften ear wax, and the instructions said I should consider consulting my dentist, as this ringing could be a sign of a decaying tooth. And I thought to myself, funny they should mention that - because, I have noticed over the past year or so, that my upper molar, the very last one right at the back of my mouth, on that side of my face, seems to be pointing outwards (towards my cheek). There's no pain, no toothache as such, no difficulty when eating, yet I have noticed it, somehow. I have just randomly looked at my teeth in the mirror (I can't even recall when I first noticed it) and thought to myself "how come that tooth seems to be leaning outwards at a different angle to the other teeth? Was it always that way, did I just never notice it before?"
I should also mention that the molar directly below the "leaning" one was extracted about 18 months ago, and so now, this molar has nothing below it to bite down on. Perhaps this is a factor which causes the upper molar to "lean"? ....But anyways, calling any dentist out there, what do you think? Is this ringing in my ear a timely warning sign that this molar is going to need attention soon?

Have you went to an ENT to get it checked out. I had a simliar problem with my ear and I found out it was packed. Had to have an ENT get all the wax out of it

Back