• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Slightly disturbing...

kitkat

kitkat

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I had a dental appt today for a cleaning and as I was walking past the reception area to "the chair" they had a little "decorative" knick-knack sitting on the counter of a skeleton strapped into an electric chair! I know it's halloween and all, but I found this slightly disturbing as it bears an all too close resemblance to the situation at hand in a phobics eyes lol ...pumpkins would have sufficed :p. I almost wonder if it was some sort of sick humor??? even though my dentist is usually very sensitive towards patients fears...just seemed too ironic to not be put there intentionally??? I mean "The Chair" and "THE CHAIR"...I guess it's reminder that things could always be worse lol.

I would have thought anyone would find an image of an electric chair disturbing most anywhere...think a complaint email is probably in order.

Hi,

That sounds awful..!! :scared: It's bad enough being afraid of "The Chair" without your own dentist trying to make fun of it. :confused:

Reminds me when I flew to Florida from here (UK) and I was really afraid of flying (though I'd flown hundreds of times) the in flight programme was a documentary film called " Dangerous Skies" which shows aircraft flying through bad weather and causing near emergencies and also one plane crash !!  :scared: I was a gibbering wreck when we landed  :sick:

Make a complaint, if only light heartedly just to voice your thoughts.

Love

Jools
x

Yeah i had a similar experience whilst flying to Africa. 1 Movie shown was based on September 11th !
Now i'm not a nervous flyer,but that feaked me out ..

If i saw a electric chair in the dentist - i wouldn't be going back there :(

:confused: thats definatly not what a nervous person like me would want to see at the dentist office already nervous as it is!
I'd write a note and just leave it on the counter or somewhere and make it anonymous ;)

Back