• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Small dent in front tooth

D

dimsum2013

I have not always brushed as well or as often as I should have, but I've been better about that lately. And now all of a sudden there is a small shallow crater near the top of one of my front teeth. I could swear it wasn't there just a couple days ago. Is this something I should be concerned about? Do I need to make a dentist appointment immediately? Thank you so much for any answers, I'm very freaked out.

:welcome: to the forum.

I think you should make an appointment to see a dentist, it is best that someone looks at your mouth and then they can best discuss with you treatment.

The first visit is nothing to be worried about they will just have a look if you feel comfortable with that, they may also want to take an x ray. You only need to agree to what you feel you can cope with at the first visit. Treat it as a meet and greet, where you can talk to the dentist and you can both get to know each other a bit.

Let us know how you get on :butterfly:

Back