• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

small hard immoveable lump on lower inside gum above mandible bone

M

mcj0014

:sleepyjuice:and beneath molar. It isn't very big and seems to have an asymetrical ridge running parallel to jawline. It doesn't hurt and there appears to be no surface irregularity besides it being a little whiter there from the bump pushing it out. The picture below doesn't really do it justice, but maybe it is good enough for someone to have an idea. It has been there for 10 days and I don't think it has gotten smaller.
mouth.png

D

decan

It could be a lot of things. The best way to figure out what it is would be to make an appointment with your dentist.

M

mcj0014

Went to dentist yesterday and he took an xray. Nothing suspicious on xray and so he diagnosed as torus mandibularis. All is well.

M

mcj0014

Actually, not a torus, a bony outgrowth. He just said it was like a torus. Anyway, I think this means everything is pretty normal and I'm not going to die or anything. So I am happy.:jump::jump:

T

Thomas Karmen

taking a break from the forum
It certainly looks like a normal situation from this picture. The dentist sounds like he diagnosed it properly.