• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

small hole in gums below tooth?

M

MMore

I noticed this today, and I'm obviously a little worried about it. Does anybody happen to know what it is? I'm currently lacking dental insurance, so I can't actually visit a dentist. You can barely see it in my lower jaw. Best angle I could achieve

Attachments

• 1423269664434.jpg
    1423269664434.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 47
Can I please get an answer to this?

I have a painless abscess that maybe once or twice a fortnight enough puss fills up and creates a visible boil. I burst this and then the result looks similar to what you have. From the picture it looks like the hole is located where an abscess caused by a root infection would be. (I'm not a dentist, just going off my own experience). Are you in any pain at all, any other symtoms such as swelling?

Its not an abscess I know that for sure. But it's actually slowly healing. It's a little sore when I touch it, but that's the only problem really.

In that case it perhaps is just an ulcer or a reaction to something you may have eaten. If it seems to be healing I wouldn't worry to much. Just keep an eye on it. Good luck. :)

Back