• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Small hole/nick above tooth in the gum

D

ddragonaut

I was checking my teeth in the mirror today and I noticed a small hole/nick above one of my back upper teeth, its right where the gum and tooth meet, it is smaller than a millimeter and not red or anything. I do have a little bit of whitish build up on that tooth (I plan on taking care of it when I have the money next month) but nothing too bad. Is this a very bad sign and do I probably have gum disease? Or is it possible that I somehow nicked a small part of my gum eating something? I have not noticed it before, and that tooth does not hurt. I feel all paranoid now.

I have a hard time editing my post for some reason, but wanted to add that it does sting a little like a nick/cut would when I run my tongue over it.

OMG i found this post bc i have the EXACT same thing i literally just noticed!!! Please tell me you found out what it was??

I have a hard time editing my post for some reason, but wanted to add that it does sting a little like a nick/cut would when I run my tongue over it.

Back