• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Small opening under crown

E

Evely

Hello everybody, I've had two implants done this year to replace two molars on my lower jaw. In August I had the crowns placed and a few weeks later I noticed a small opening under a crown. I can't clean the place properly because it's closed on the other side. My dentist doesn't seem to think it's a problem and told me to go to the clinic only if the crowns start being mobile since apparently he only did a temporary cementation. As far as I know hygiene is very important in the case of implants so I was wondering if I should wait until the dentist who did the procedure can give me an appointment or I should go to another dentist? Would they even be willing to fix something they didn't start?
Thank you in advance for any advice!

Did you ask a dental hygienist to tell or show you how to clean the crown properly?

I never had implants, but know few dental nurses who do. They seem to be special in terms of cleaning and might need few gadgets that you haven‘t used for your natural teeth, such as special kind of floss or interdental brushes. I am sure there is a way to get it clean. As @geos suggested, your hygienist might be able to help you - do you get regular cleanings?

Back