• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Small piece of THE outer filling came off

K

Kropeace

I endured step 1 of a root canal today, they placed temporary filling. Now just a small piece of the filling came off, everything else is intact and the filling is covering everything. Is there any reason for concern?

P

Paige2018

I would think there is no reason for concern if you are not in any pain. I would be very careful and not chew on or disrupt that area until you have a follow up appointment. If you are still concerned, then I would call the dr that did the root canal.

K

Kropeace

I would think there is no reason for concern if you are not in any pain. I would be very careful and not chew on or disrupt that area until you have a follow up appointment. If you are still concerned, then I would call the dr that did the root canal.
Thanks, they put a lot of filling so om pretty sure its not a problem. Just wanted to make syre.

K

Kropeace

Also should i be careful around the filling when brushing?

M

Mike

Verified dentist
It was likely a bit of excess coming away so unless there’s an obvious hole I wouldn’t worry.

Just brush as normal :)

K

Kropeace

It was likely a bit of excess coming away so unless there’s an obvious hole I wouldn’t worry.

Just brush as normal :)
Yeah, i guess there was a lot of decay since half my tooth is covered in filling.
Thanks for reassuring me.