Small white spots on gum and tongues thread

M

Mabrams27

Got some more information for you kitkat. I saw a dentist today and while I was there I asked him about the spot on my gum and had a look at it and said it was fairly common and actually had a look around at my gums and pointed out another on my bottom gums too and said they will probably never go away but they don't cause any problems as long as they don't get bigger or cause pain.

Did the spot on your gum ever go away? I have one on my lower gum a bit larger then yours. I can touch it and it doesn’t hurt but I can push it a little so it’s only under my gum skin not attached. I see my doctor again in a week to look at it. I had a dentist appointment 2 weeks ago and he never said anything about it then, or didn’t notice.

T

Tel716

A glimmer of hope that it may not be anything significant:

I spotted a tiny white pimple on my gum a week ago (slightly above a tooth). I initially thought it was a piece of food stuck and tried flossing and brushing to no avail. Finally, I convinced myself that it was a small abscess for a tooth that was previously root canaled. I went in for a dental cleaning and X-rays this morning and it turns out the “spot” was the tip of a piece of food stuck in between my teeth (like I initially thought). It was pretty embarrassing how worried I was, but a massive relief.

Hope everyone’s concerns turn out to be as minor as mine. I can definitely relate to how stressful it can be.

A

ayanloveme2006

i just found this topic and im facing same things.i have a white spot in my bottom gum in left side which is approx 1/2 inch in size. i discover it few days ago. its not hurting but looking worried. what is this? may i need to worry about this?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
For your peace of mind, go and have it looked at. There are loads of things that it could be, so guessing from here won't be very useful.

G

Gjs123

I have something similar on my right bottom inner gums (next to tongue). A small raised speck/bump. I think it's been there at least a couple months but does not hurt, grow, or cause any symptoms. I'm a young male with no known history of HPV symptoms and am a non-smoker. Doesn't match anything online so I'll have it looked at during my next dental check-up.

T

Thephilsblogbar

I had something like on my gum, turned out I bash myself, nick myself with my toothbrush and it will not go.