• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So embarrassed ??‍♀️

K

Kiwikid

Today i got a tooth pulled and it was absolutely horrible. I always get anxiety going to the dentist but today i just straight up couldn't stop crying and having a panicking attack during them pulling the tooth. I always had a weird reaction to the injection for the numbing. it has always made me VERY irritable/insane. I asked about that before but the dr brushed it off. Im still freaking the fuck out with anxiety panic and anger. Im supposed to keep this gauze in but i cant stand the texture and feel like im gonna choke.

How do i calm down - im having a full blown meltdown right now

Hi Kiwikid,

sorry to read about your experience. You mentioned feeling embarrassed, but reading how you were crying and fighting a panic attack mids procedure, I am wondering why your dentist didn't stop? It seems very traumatic to me not to be given a break to calm yourself.
I don't feel confident to give you any advice on how to calm down - firstly because I am coming late anyway and secondly - you know yourself best and know what works for you. If it helps, meltdowns pass sooner or later, whether you do anything or not.

How are you feeling today?

All the best wishes

Hi Kiwikid,

sorry to read about your experience. You mentioned feeling embarrassed, but reading how you were crying and fighting a panic attack mids procedure, I am wondering why your dentist didn't stop? It seems very traumatic to me not to be given a break to calm yourself.
I don't feel confident to give you any advice on how to calm down - firstly because I am coming late anyway and secondly - you know yourself best and know what works for you. If it helps, meltdowns pass sooner or later, whether you do anything or not.

How are you feeling today?

All the best wishes
Thank you! feeling much better today, it did pass , the doctor was very calm and i'm glad he just continued cause i definitely didn't want to go back. It so odd because every time they give me the numbing agent they inject I just have a weird reaction after like I said I get very irritable. I'm wondering if I should start asking if they have different ways of numbing.