• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So frustrated

S

Sgb

Had immediate denture made before extractions. Paid out of pocket for it. It is now four months out and I still can't wear it. It pushes forward to rest on my jaw and causes a ln underbite and gap up front while still causing discomfort. Went back to denturist AGAIN only to be told he did everything right and that I will need posts.

I am not working. I can't afford another surgery. I am in the middle of major tests for neurological issues and still waiting to see if I'm approved for disability.

I don't know how many times I have to explain there is literally no money for surgery again. He is telling me he won't redo the denture. So I paid a thousand bucks for nothing. I can't chew still. I have survived off yogurt puddings and eggs with very few veggies for months now because even cooked they are hard to chew.

This is not helping my health.

So a grand out of pocket and still no functioning denture. They refuse to remake it. And I'm at a loss.

Hi Sgb,

so sorry to read this, this sounds awful. So the denture could be redone and would fit then, but your dentist refuses to do it and wants you to have another surgery that you can’t afford? Don’t have an advice, but this doesn’t sound right :(

Pretty much. He claims the aveoloplasty left me no bone, which I understand a little. But to refuse to refund my money so I can figure out another surgery is beyond frustrating. I literally have 20 dollars to my name. That won't change in the near future. I can't eat and I'm tired of this.

He mashed and shoved the denture in insisting I bite differently (impossible BTW) until my jaw is rubbed raw. The tissue below my gum between the gum and my cheek is actually cut from all his shoving. It's going to take a day or two to recover now.

Hi,
An immediate denture should reasonably fit there patient after four months. I have two suggestions:
1) ask to see the technician. Maybe they have experience and practical solutions
2) ask the dentist to perform a reline which means adapting the surface of the denture that touches the tissue, to the tissue. It usually does the trick.

I saw the technician twice before. Denturist refuses to do a soft reline. I don't think a soft reline will help though. The gaps are huge and to sit in my mouth without pain is causing a major underbite and gaps up front.

I understand posts will be the ideal fix. Until I can afford that though I need to be able to eat. With blowing through my savings on disability, it's probably going to take a few years before I can afford surgery now.

Really sorry to read that. It sounds like you have run out of options :( I can only hope that it won’t take years until something changes for you.:clover:

It will. I declared bankruptcy two months before all my medical issues started. The debt is already wracking up again in medical bills. And no income is making it impossible to pay utilities now.

Hi, have you tried calling 211 to see if there are any other options open to you?

Back