• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So many worries

Housefulofkids82.

wow.. that sounds super intense and hard.. I hope you do give yourself a ton of credit for hanging on and making it through that. and without breaks. just wow.. Glad your dentist ans patient and sounds kind through it. Glad he kept trying and got it.. i would have wanted to just be done with it too!

Glad the next appt doesn't sound quite as intense.

I hope you feel better and the healing goes smooth and quick.. I also hope you can do something extra kind to yourself for some type of reward !!

At least the worst is now behind you! Take it easy for a couple days, it will stop hurting soon... and swelling will get worse for a day or two before it gets better, don't be alarmed. I woke up my first and my second day after extraction with my upper lip looking like a balloon... I iced it 20 mins on/20 mins off as instructed, and swelling got better and it was all gone by day 4.

Thank you for your support!

It was certainly more than I bargained for but my dentist is new and young and has a very positive attitude which really calms me.

I did wake up multiple times during the night thinking about the experience, but I am just trying to be positive that it's now behind me.

Back