• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So nervous!

A

Amyx

Hi all
So, I've been I'm here for about 3 years without commenting much. I finally plucked up the courage about a year ago to try get into an NHS dentist, I then made an appointment for this November.

My boyfriend has been to his dentist today and they said they might be taking on from next month!! In my head I've got until November to get my head around this but now it might be next month!!
I'm so not ready for this and feel sick!!

My teeth are in a terrible state, broken, some down to the gum, I'm trying to better myself this year, looking for a new job, losing weight, but I don't know if I can go to the dentist in a month when I planned for it in November 😭

Rant over!

Amyx,

First off , sounds like you are doing alot for yourself this year so far! so well job on that, new job losing weight, even taking steps arranging to go to the dentist. You are stepping outside your comfort zone for your betterment as scary and hard as it is and I hope you give your self alot of credit for this. It is scary to step into a dentist especially if its fast tracted and you didn't get the time to prepare your mind . It sounds like you already went once and you are going back in November, ? how were they ? How was your boyfriends experience?

Hi, thank you so much.

I've not been yet, just spoken on the phone, my first appointment is in November but if this other dentist can see me sooner then I'll go there instead.

My boyfriend and daughter are absolutely fine about the dentist. If I hadn't let my teeth get in such bad shape I don't think I'd be this scared. Most of my feelings are shame and embarrassment and I know what's coming. I'm worried about what the future holds, they're in pretty bad shape at the mo but what if they take them all out and I need full dentures...I'm only 36!!

Aaaargh!! Such a stressful time!

Thanks for reading ❤️

Back