• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So scared but ready for a change

I’m not going to lie the cleaning was a bit rough for me, just because I didn’t know what to expect. I came in super anxious and the hygienist was great and didn’t do a deep cleaning as she wants to take baby steps with me and stopped when I told her I had hit my limit. It wasn’t painful at all, I just really hated the scraper and it felt like my teeth were going to rip out! (She assured me this wouldn’t happen and it didn’t!) and she got so much of the calculus off my teeth that they look so different already! My next cleaning I will use nitrous to ease my anxiety so that she can continue and get to the deep cleaning. Although I’m still anxious I’m excited to get back there and get my gums healthy! I already notice a difference in them today ?

Well done Georgiagirl ???

I'm so pleased to see you getting through these appointments. As we're in the same city, if you ever need support, please let me know! I'm old hat at that office now ?

Back