• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

so scared i need help

Hi again. Well its been a week since i had the teeth out and just have a couple of questions. 3 of the sockets have near enough fully healed up but the huge one at the back looks open still, i cant see any "clot" is that normal. The thing tahts bothering me is that i had a tooth out eaither side of a tooth and around the tooth that there the gum is jelly-like and flappy and has actually come away from the tooth and i can actually flap it about with my tongue! Is that normal? should it harden off and reset back to normal? thanks

I'd say the "clot" thing would only be a concern if you're experiencing a lot of pain (which would suggest dry socket). But it doesn't sound as if that's the case?
Regarding your question about the flappy gum - I honestly don't know. You could ask in the "dentistry questions" section!

Back