• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

so scared of losing teeth/or teeth moving

S

scaredoutofmymind

:hidesbehindsofa:Hi my name is kim

Im really scared every time i go to the dentist that somehow my teeth are going to come out. I have horrible dreams all the time that i lose my teeth. I just recently had braces and got the top ones removed, so i had a permanent retainer put on. Everytime i look in the mirror i have the fear that one of my teeth maybe moved or that the space between my front teeth is moving. I have no idea how to get rid of this fear. I cant stand it and i cry every time i look at my teeth because i feel like something is different. I feel like it makes me extremely depressed and i just got the braces off if it did move i dont know what to do to get it fixed when it shouldnt have done it in the first place. It is suppose to always be on yet it has already come off and i feel thats why i think it has moved or maybe thats why it really has moved.

Please help with advice

Hello- I read your passage but never have gone through what you're going through. All I can say is :welcome: and that you have plenty of loving friends here to help you! :XXLhug:

Believe you me, I can relate to fears of teeth falling out. I didn't brush well for years because I was afraid if I did it too hard they'd come loose and/or fall out. You seem to have a healthy set if you obviously have been going to the dentist regularly for braces and such. I wouldn't worry about it, as even if one did come out, you just have to place it in water and they can attach it if you can drive to the office in an hour or so. Even if they can't, they have bridges, replacements, and all sorts of tricks! And that's if they fall out, which they won't! I think the pain of braces is making you either miss the sensation or feel it too much. Discuss this with your doctor and maybe he can reassure you!

Back