• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So scared

Can you not get immediate dentures so your not left with gaps?
I’m not sure. I’m trying to save any insurance money and out of pocket costs for the major treatment and such itself. There are only 2-3 of the 15 being pulled that will be clearly visible in my mouth so am just trying to roll with it.

It's so nice to hear you being so positive. It gives me hope. My 1st appointment is 21st and the waiting is sending my anxiety bad. I just started to get myself together and my brother gets married in May next year. I scared I will fall back in my depression b4 I even go for my appointment

It's so nice to hear you being so positive. It gives me hope. My 1st appointment is 21st and the waiting is sending my anxiety bad. I just started to get myself together and my brother gets married in May next year. I scared I will fall back in my depression b4 I even go for my appointment
No way! You got this. It’s literally been 15-20 years since i has been, I clearly need a lot done, and I still feel so much better after going today and getting the process started! You’ve got plenty of time to get yourself in tip top shape before that wedding!

No way! You got this. It’s literally been 15-20 years since i has been, I clearly need a lot done, and I still feel so much better after going today and getting the process started! You’ve got plenty of time to get yourself in tip top shape before that wedding!
I hope your right. I know I will need loads of work doing. I just got a part-time job so hoping any work I can pay in installments. I got a lovely partner but don't talk to him about my teeth. It's taken time to trust anyone. So getting my life together just need to do this one thing to keep going with my life.

I hope your right. I know I will need loads of work doing. I just got a part-time job so hoping any work I can pay in installments. I got a lovely partner but don't talk to him about my teeth. It's taken time to trust anyone. So getting my life together just need to do this one thing to keep going with my life.
I hear you. It’s a very personal thing to open up about. I’ve found that I’ve been able to talk to my parents and siblings about mine as well as a couple of friends. Recently I’ve started telling a couple of people from work what is going on but even so haven’t shared the full extent of things. Can’t wait for it to all be behind me and I’m sure you feel the same. I’ve said I’ve spent 30+ years putting everyone else first and me last, trying to focus on fixing me now for a change. Am the most self conscious about the condition being d my mouth so decided to start there and here we are.

I hear you. It’s a very personal thing to open up about. I’ve found that I’ve been able to talk to my parents and siblings about mine as well as a couple of friends. Recently I’ve started telling a couple of people from work what is going on but even so haven’t shared the full extent of things. Can’t wait for it to all be behind me and I’m sure you feel the same. I’ve said I’ve spent 30+ years putting everyone else first and me last, trying to focus on fixing me now for a change. Am the most self conscious about the condition being d my mouth so decided to start there and here we are.
This is the only place I talk about it and it makes me feel so much better. I hear u with doing nothing for yourself. I need to start this journey to make myself feel better

So having bad time with my anxiety and depression these last few days. Sure my teeth are getting worse and not got my appointment till next Wednesday. Fed up of it taking over my everyday life now

Back