• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So whats the best toothpaste to use?

I

italiannyc17

As many of you know, ive recently got a deep cleaning done and the hygienist gave me some sensodyne to use for a couple of days. I usually use Crest Pro Health but lately ive been told that it stains teeth and is not as good as first thought. Now i want something good for the gums of course along with cavity protection and tarter control. Any ideas?

Im thinking Colgate Total. Also how bout mouth washes? I was gunna use listerine but then found out its not good for people whos gums arent so good. I wanted to use ACT with is great for Stronger teeth , but doesnt have anything for germs and gums. AH i just wish there was one thing for everything lol

As opposed to a brand name of toothpaste, I tend to recommend any toothpaste which has more than 1350 parts per million (ppm) of fluoride .....Colgate Total fits into the category.
Equally when it comes to mouthwash I recommend any with 0.05% sodium fluoride in it.
My patients and I live in a non fluoridated area.
Although ...I suspect that my answer will not be in agreement with everyone here:)

Last edited:
It's very hard to find non-mint toothpaste and the few that do exist tend to not have flouride.
There are some Oral B kiddy toothpastes which are bubblegum and fruit flavoured rather than mint but they don't have as much fluoride as the adult equivalents...better than nothing though. In UK there is also 'punch and judy' fruit flavours for kids.

AIM does a cinnamon toothpaste but kids who hate mint tend to be fussy about all flavours lol.

Real niche in the market here....so many different flavours of mint around...freshmint, mildmint, etc etc why not something different?

Back