• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Soft bump on the gums facing the cheek over my annoying tooth that had a root canal.

L

Leafir

Soft bump on the gums facing the cheek over my annoying tooth that had a root canal.

Hello, I'm kinda freaking out.. I'd be noming on dinner right now but I have a soft bump on my gums over a tooth that's given me trouble.. It's the one right behind the left canine/fang. I have bad teeth and that one has had lotsa work on it, and it's given me soreness and pain sometimes, and is sensitive to touch/pressure. I sometimes clench my teeth but since this I'm trying not to. The bump just feels like the usual dim soreness when I touch it just like before the bump. No severe pain. I'm wondering if it is an abcess? I can't go to the dentist untill I pay their damn missed appointment money(week or 2 before I can pay). It's like they like robbing the poor hehe... Anyway's I'm freaked and hungry but don't wanna eat.. I don't know what to do. Advice please? :(
I'm 32, male, overweight, and there was a strange boney feeling ridge thing at the top of the gums above the tooth before, that made the tooth more sore and throbby when touched it. I wanna have the tooth removed unless they can make it stop irritating me somehow.. :cry: Could you tell me what it might be? What I should do?

Re: Soft bump on the gums facing the cheek over my annoying tooth that had a root canal.

I'm not a dentist but it sounds like an abscess with a fistula trying to drain- try warm salt water rinses - but you need to see a dentist. You can eat.

rp

Re: Soft bump on the gums facing the cheek over my annoying tooth that had a root canal.

Sounds like an abscess. get it checked out.

Back