• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Soft mushy gums?

F

fromyesterday

I'm scheduled to go for my first deep cleaning in early July (with another two weeks later), but I'm noticing that the front teeth gums are really soft and mushy. It's bad enough that the rest of my gums are red and swollen, but the soft/mushyness looks bad. :( Will the deep cleanings fix this and restore the gums to their normal state or will I have to deal with the mushy gums? I've been flossing just like the dentist told me to do, but I can't bring myself to floss that area because it's so soft and feels like it's going to separate from the teeth. :cry:

If the gums do get restored, how soon should I expect that to happen after the deep cleaning? Thank you in advance. :)

I can't believe that after waiting for 15 years I want to go in as soon as possible and get this resolved. :\

The cleaning will help immensely, but the area won't heal properly unless you start flossing it. Get in there and do it, the sooner the better.

Thanks again, Gordon. I'll just avoid looking into the mirror when I do. ;D

Since I floss first thing in the morning and last thing at night, I always avoid looking in the mirror when I do it :redface:

Heh, glad I'm not the only one. :)

Back