• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Something came out of my mouth while brushing

M

mls2807

I was brushing my teeth yesterday, and two small things that felt like little pebbles came out of my mouth. I wasn't able to save them, but from what I saw they were very small and a little discolored.

I'm wondering if it was just tartar or maybe a piece of my tooth came out. I can feel a small gap on the bottom left of by back front tooth with my gum, but it doesn't hurt, and there has been no bleeding at all.

I'm in no pain, able to chew, and drink hot and cold beverages ok. Feeling the gap in my back tooth is what scares me. Thanks

Hello mis2807,
Maybe someone else will have a better idea but its hard to say without seeing anything. It might be tartar because tartar can get hard and be tooth colored. Since it's not painful or bothering you then there should be no need to rush to get it checked but that would be the best way to know.

A similar thing happened to me when I thought I chipped a tooth after a bit of white splintered off, but my dentist explained it was probably calculus or mineral deposit that collected in a tiny gap and popped out.

Hopefully this is a case because that would be a good thing that it's gone ;)

Maybe the dentist will remove a bit more so it smooths things out and it wont feel such a sharp hole.

Hopefully a browsing dentist will pass by and confirm :)

Having your teeth professionally looked at wouldn't hurt if you do have tartar built up around that tooth, it's very common among most people and easily removed by a dentist.

Probably bits of tartar. Sounds like you need to see a hygienist :)

Back