• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Something wrong, but Dentist wants to wait...

C

Caramelteach

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I have had to go back to the dentist yet again today, as my top right front incisor tooth has been feeling a bit 'odd'. The dentist had a look, took a picture and said that he could see there was something going on there and that something had changed, but that he wanted to wait (there's what he called a 'shadow' on the back of it, it looks like a weird kind of brown spot).
Can anyone tell me what this means? Should I be worried? This is my front tooth, so it's pretty scary to have something wrong with it!!

Thanks everyone. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I have had to go back to the dentist yet again today, as my top right front incisor tooth has been feeling a bit 'odd'. The dentist had a look, took a picture and said that he could see there was something going on there and that something had changed, but that he wanted to wait (there's what he called a 'shadow' on the back of it, it looks like a weird kind of brown spot).
Can anyone tell me what this means? Should I be worried? This is my front tooth, so it's pretty scary to have something wrong with it!!

Thanks everyone. :)

Hi Caramelteach,

it it sounds as if your dentist has yet reached a definitive diagnose. In this case he did the right thing: following the tooth along an extensive period of time and seeing how the tooth is changing qua what you feel and what the x ray image shows. It happens very often specially when dealing with a chronic moderate inflammation because it's signs are not that clear (and acute inflammation is much easier to diagnose).
If you want to spead things up, you can ask for a second opinion, better by an endodontist.

Back