• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sons tooth about to come out , any ideas to make it easier ?

• Thread starter krlovesherkids777
  • Start date
krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think sometimes watching our kids go through tooth situations is even more anxiety producing. Well.. my10 yr old son has got a loose baby tooth just about to come out, hanging by a thread or two but still in there. Making me nervous moving around so much. Any ideas on gently nudging it to come out quicker without yanking it, which I would not do.

Once as a kid, I was eating those sticky “sugar babies” candies and I lost 3 loose teeth in the same night! You could try those! :ROFLMAO:

haha. oh wow.. I"m such a chicken. my son was asking me for an apple.. well.. I didn't have an apple but he kept playing with it and it JUST came out like 10 min ago.. phew.. it was making me probably a lot more nervous than him. :)

When I was a kid, I crossed my father and he slapped me. I cannot remember how many baby teeth I've lost through that way...

I didn't dare tell my mother I had a loose tooth or she'd have whipped it out on the spot! This was a woman who wouldn't set foot in a dental clinic even though she had no natural teeth :(

omg.. I just can't imagine.. the last time my son had a loose tooth I was going to another dentist and it wouldn't come out , went over there he put some topical and gently snipped it free took all of about 10 seconds. I just cannot bring myself to help the matter .. not sure how other parents manage it. but plenty do :)

My daughter asks my husband to pull them out when they get loose enough to bother her. She seems destined to go through the same teeth issues I had, with overcrowding. She is currently in braces at age 10 because her lateral incisor on the bottom came up on the wrong side of the canine tooth, and pushed her baby premolar out. So she had to get the baby incisor and canine pulled and braces to move the permanent incisor around the permanent canine and premolar, which were almost erupted. I was a mess at her appointment to get her teeth pulled, remembering my horrible experiences as a child. The dentist was great though and once she made it through the shot, it was a breeze.

oh wow. so today my son lost his 3rd baby tooth in a week.. this is crazy.. ha. no big deal to him just pops them out and onto his next thing. just wants the tooth fairy to come. but wow. 3 in a week. hopefully no more for at least a little while...

Wow, 3 in a weekend! Did the tooth fairy visit?
So far, my son has lost 6 baby teeth, and they have come out in two's. Two in one day each time.

Back