• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Soo, got the wizzies out....

• Thread starter Deleted member 22207
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22207

Former Member
Got em out this morning. Things were relatively okay for the most part, I believe... The pressure on my face was more traumatic than I thought LOL;;

Both bottom wisdoms are now gone, but 12 hours later, I am still bleeding quite a bit... I've been biting on gauze all day and changing them every hour. I'm still trying to speak, so that's probably why I still am.

I have some pain underneath my jaw, and it hurts to swallow or open up my mouth. Changing the gauze has been quite the hassle. I'm guessing this a normal thing though? It mainly hurts on the right side which was the tooth that the dentist struggled to wiggle out.
I had taken a Tylenol, and things were okay (other than my jaw and swallowing), but the achy pain eventually returned TwT

How much longer would I have to go through this? It's really bothersome, and I just wanna talk normally again cri e s...

Oh my 12 hrs later and your still bleeding? O_O Is it alot of blood or just a little? I think it was around 48 hours or so you'll have on/off bleeding. Mine lasted a good 9 hrs then I decided to stop using the gauze pads cuz they annoyed me and just let dealt with the little bits of blood that night. XD It was my darn left side that gave me a lot of bleeding, doesn't help I had apparently bit my cheek RIGHT by the extraction site when I was numb so that was prolly why i bled so much. -.- Maybe you bit your cheeks too??

Pain is normal. Dx all what your feeling is normal I felt the same thing, heck my jaw is still feeling a bit swollen. And its been like two weeks. :\ Although I dont feel much pain I just feel itchiness and my teeth still feel strange but its normal. (itchiness is a good thing apparently but i hate it omg lol)
My mouth tends to hurt if I talk too much and when I bite down my bite feels funny. O_e but I was told its all normal and should fade in a few weeks.

From what ive been told it can take a month or more to fully heal. ;w; It really depends on how fast of a healer you are. its only been your first day so you'll prolly be sore for a good week then it'll gradually fade away. maybe youll be like those super lucky peeps and heal in 3-4 days LOL

Ive just begun to semi try and eat solid foods but Im just too parnanoid to really bite down on my molars too hard so I tend to just nibble honestly and swallow everything hole LOLOLOLOLOL

Oh my 12 hrs later and your still bleeding? O_O Is it alot of blood or just a little? I think it was around 48 hours or so you'll have on/off bleeding. Mine lasted a good 9 hrs then I decided to stop using the gauze pads cuz they annoyed me and just let dealt with the little bits of blood that night. XD It was my darn left side that gave me a lot of bleeding, doesn't help I had apparently bit my cheek RIGHT by the extraction site when I was numb so that was prolly why i bled so much. -.- Maybe you bit your cheeks too??

Pain is normal. Dx all what your feeling is normal I felt the same thing, heck my jaw is still feeling a bit swollen. And its been like two weeks. :\ Although I dont feel much pain I just feel itchiness and my teeth still feel strange but its normal. (itchiness is a good thing apparently but i hate it omg lol)
My mouth tends to hurt if I talk too much and when I bite down my bite feels funny. O_e but I was told its all normal and should fade in a few weeks.

From what ive been told it can take a month or more to fully heal. ;w; It really depends on how fast of a healer you are. its only been your first day so you'll prolly be sore for a good week then it'll gradually fade away. maybe youll be like those super lucky peeps and heal in 3-4 days LOL

Ive just begun to semi try and eat solid foods but Im just too parnanoid to really bite down on my molars too hard so I tend to just nibble honestly and swallow everything hole LOLOLOLOLOL

I don't think it was too much. The gauze was never soaked in blood, but it was way darker than my left side (which was already fading into just a light pink of blood). I eventually just took 'em out and went on with my life, and fortunately, I didn't wake up covered in blood! owo/
I'm not sure if I bit my cheek or anything -- I kind of doubt it, 'cause I wasn't in any sort of pain other than my extraction sites and jaw. TWT What did happen was that since the right side was so troublesome, the dentist scratched the corner of lip pretty badly. So after the numbing wore off, it buuuurned and stung a lot.
You're pretty brave to have just removed the gauze and went without it -- om g, it took me so long to get rid of it.

Luckily most of the pain is already gone for me! ;w; The day of the surgery was so bothersome that I took stuff for it! But the day after was very very mild compared to then. And at this point, my jaw isn't tender to the touch anymore, nor is it bothersome to swallow my own spit. The right side is a little bit achy at some points in the day (left even less), but not enough for me to take anything. :"D Maybe I am one of the luckier ones to heal faster.

Oh man, it's been two days, and I already miss solid foods LOL;;;
Gotta slowly and gradually ease your way into it :"D
To even drink water I also just swallow it LOL NO TURNING BACK

Back