• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sore bleeding gums advice?

D

daviddenise24

Hi

Since Monday 22nd October my top teeth alongside a extraction in September have started to bleed on gum and are also sore when brushing

The gums look normal colour before brushing
I use Corsodyl daily ultra clean toothpaste and a electric tooth brush, I used to use a manual on that area before extraction now a electric one

During brushing feels very sore and bleeds after stopping the bleeding stops quickly and the gum is red around the 3 teeth see pictures before after which goes away after a while this only effected one tooth day before but now the three. I also use interdental brushes and the Corsodyl does make it sting

Had an ulcer in the area as well before this started not sure if related which I doubt

I have a appointment 2nd Nov for hygienist for scale polish and airflow anyway but I have never had this issue before
Do I continue brushing normally even though it bleeds and is sore?

Also have dentist check up on Nov 26th

Thanks

Last edited:
Pictures attached

Attachments

• _20181025_084659.JPG
    _20181025_084659.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 54
  • _20181025_084636.jpg
    _20181025_084636.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 54
So I am blitzing the area by first interdental brushing then Corsodyl toothpaste being very careful with electric brush as it stings like devil
It bleed easy last night
This morning was very careful though toothpaste stinging it badly
Then it's Corsodyl mouthwash

Taking the peroxyl to have at lunchtime

Hopefully by next Friday and hygienists appointment it will have resolved so she can give a deep clean

Picture shows still red on gum lines but not as angry I think ?

Just got to continue brushing but gently around area and using the Corsodyl/peroxyl until Friday next unless any advice further here?

Attachments

• _20181026_073345.JPG
    _20181026_073345.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 49
Just carry on with what you're doing till the hygienist sees it.

Have to say its starting to feel a bit better already

I will continue as suggested until hygienist appointment
I always Been on top of oral hygiene regular dental inspections, hygienists once a year electric toothbrush etc so a bit of a shock this

Hopefully it's a quick fix and caught early

So hygienist tomorrow have to say the regime of Corsodyl toothpaste and mouthwash swapped around with peroxyl have worked
I can brush now without wincing will update after my visit tomorrow

Hope your visit goes well. :)

So back from the hygienist whom said the issue was that I was being careful whilst I had a tooth that had been repaired
I then after removal used electric toothbrush which was doing its job irritated the gums and they bleed as it removed the plaque etc

She said nothing untoward going on and to carry on using the electric brush as was healing up nicely and had a thorough look and deep clean

So all good nice clean teeth and airflow used as well just one thing though do not want to eat or drink anything so as they stain again

Booked again for 6 months not cheap but worth it if it keeps my teeth in good condition

Back