• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

sore on bone at back of lower jaw

K

kt

hi
as of this morning I have pain on the gum or bone behind my teeth at the back on the right hand side.

it feels as if their are wounds or something there but I cant see,

eating and drinking sometimes hurt and my teeth are aching.

im really scared it is my wisdom teeth and there is something wrong or it is a cancer.

I haven't been to a dentist in years and this has just complicated my intention's to go.

what could this be!!

Hi,

Welcome to this forum.

99.99999% it is not cancer because a cancer tumor in the mouth does not cause pain.
only a dentist can provide you a diagnose after checking you. Nobody can diagnose without seeing you in person.
If you suffer from dental anxiety and would like to stop avoiding the dentist and start coping with the fear, this is just the perfect forum for you. You can receive here lots of support and good advice.

All the best

Hi I am not a dentist but it could be that you need a clean that is done by the dentist as plaque build up can cause soreness and pain. It could also mean that you may need some other treatment but as Dr Daniel states until you can manage to see a dentist and let them have a look and maybe take an x ray no one can say what the problem is. You may be able to help by flossing daily and brushing twice a day with a soft toothbrush.

If you don't have a dentist then a lot of people ask around family and friends then email explaining how they feel and make it known how nervous they feel so that the dentist has an idea of what they are dealing with in terms of fear/phobia, ask if they are taking on patients and if they are able to help you.

All the best to you :butterfly:

thank you for your replies.

I have been trying to concur my fear for the last few month and have gotten to the point of being able to accually go yet, lots of emails, and phone calls.

You will get there when you are ready, one day you will just do it. You will also find that once that first appointment is made things get easier from then on. You have to be ready and do things in your own time and at a pace you feel you can cope with. Stick with us on here and gain confidence and advice as and when we can help. Sorry no cures though :)

All the best to you, keep trying, don't give up :butterfly:

Back