• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Soreness after cleaning

G

geos

Hi,
Last Wednesday, January 16, I had a cleaning and a checkup, including x-rays. I asked them to look particularly at my lower right second premolar and first molar because it felt like I had some discomfort there. So they also did some percussion tests, some bitting tests with the sledged stick and some cold tests. The hygienist and dentist said everything looked good.

I now have a bit of soreness lingering around the area I asked to get tested. Is there anything I can do to help the soreness to go away? I know my teeth should be ok if my dentist says they are, but I keep wondering if there is something since I still have some discomfort.

You might have bitten on it a bit hard and bruised the ligament. Try sticking to a soft diet for a few days to give it a chance to heal up.

Back