• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Spider webs|hair on my tounge!??????

cantwait2smile

cantwait2smile

Just got dentures aweek ago and my tounge constantly feels like theres something stuck on it like a ahair or webs!? anyone know why? or have the same problem?

Don't have dentures but sometimes I do have that feeling! No idea what it is or what causes it. It seems to go away overnight forme though. I used to try brushing my tongue but that never did any good!

Hope it clears up for you soon because I know how aggrevating it can be.

Your darn right sudz! ultra annoying and agravating! lol i have it right now. its driven me nuts. I never had it before a couple days ago!

Just got dentures aweek ago and my tounge constantly feels like theres something stuck on it like a ahair or webs!? anyone know why? or have the same problem?

Do you sleep on your back with your mouth open? Do you have spiders in your bedroom? Do you see where I'm going with this? ;D

Seriously, it might be some minor nerve activity, like a twitch in the eye when you're tired f'rinstance...

I should be having my (upper) full denture fitted this Friday - I'll let you know if I get a similar feeling. :)

Do you sleep on your back with your mouth open? Do you have spiders in your bedroom? Do you see where I'm going with this? ;D

ROFL! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, it might be some minor nerve activity, like a twitch in the eye when you're tired f'rinstance...

I should be having my (upper) full denture fitted this Friday - I'll let you know if I get a similar feeling. :)
:oThanks for that. I don't have that feeling, but now I am afraid to go to sleep!!:scared:;)

:oThanks for that. I don't have that feeling, but now I am afraid to go to sleep!!:scared:;)

Get a cat or three (as I have). They LOVE the taste of spiders (and moths... and beetles... and slugs... etc etc etc! ;D)

Oh yeah. Mice too! Nothing like getting up in the morning, opening the back door and finding a neatly chewed-off mouse's head on the doorstep!!! :o

Get a cat or three (as I have). They LOVE the taste of spiders (and moths... and beetles... and slugs... etc etc etc! ;D)

Oh yeah. Mice too! Nothing like getting up in the morning, opening the back door and finding a neatly chewed-off mouse's head on the doorstep!!! :o

Good God! Don't get a cat... what with sleeping with your mouth open, you'll have a fur ball before you know it!!! ;D

Last edited:
Good God! Don't get a cat... what with sleeping with your mouth open, you'll have a fur ball before you know it!!! ;D

It's a dilemma, I know... spider web or fur ball?... spider web or fur ball?... It's a tough one. ;D

Back