• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Star Trek themed dental office in Orlando Florida

harper

harper

Re: Star Trek themed dental office in Orlando Flor

hi brit
dont know what to say really :o
good idea in theory but a bit scarey at the same time.

vicki

vicki

Hmmm.... nice idea in theory, but I'd run out of that place screaming (and I don't mind watching Star Trek :redface:)!!!

A bit too cluttered and overly-distracting for my taste. Now if it was decorated more like a minimalist spa type place with plenty of candles and aromatherapy oils burning then it'd be better :cloud9:.

As for the costumes, let's just say that if I saw my current dentist (or my ex-dentist for that matter :p) dressed in that outfit, I probably die of laughing :p!!! It has to be better than being scared though :).

F

freakout

Oh No!!! I would run for my life!!! I can only imagine how much extra he charges for the Star Trek experience (that would be typical in the US)

brit

brit

Super Moderator
Staff member

So that's a thumbs down then...I quite fancied it actually...certainly didn't look anything like a dental practice (too cluttered to see anything at all really - hygiene issues?)....agree with Vicki that spa approach is way better though.

Costumes? Anything and I mean anything is better than sterile white.

F

freakout

I agree with Brit...anything is better than sterile white. My dentist never wears white. When I have early appointments, he is usually dressed casual, jeans and a sweater, t-shirt, or sweatshirt. If he has alot of procedures, he usually changes into nice colors scrubs (no surgical scrubs though, pants and a jacket) never white though.

harper

harper

I agree anything is better than white,im lucky in that respect i told c that the uniform scared me so now he doesnt wear it :thumbsup:

T

takingflight

My husband and I just watched that and thought "freaky!" I agree, the clutter is a little distracting and over the top but I like the thought of no white dental uniforms. Some of my fear stems from the authoritative manner of my childhood dentist who was like a sterile giant standing over me. Had he been dressed like that would have taken away some of the seriousness and sternness that he possessed. It would be a lot harder to be scared silly in such a light-hearted atmosphere!