• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still I continue

C

Cici1986

So I have been referred to Oral and maxillofacial but I’m still lost to my pains. I posted last time I’d had a cracked molar cusp, this had been replaced with a temporary filling and repaired. I then got a permanent filling with my current dentist. The filling hurt then settled and then after a month or so flared up and for me is getting worst. It feels like there are parts on the teeth like chips that are highly sensitive to pain. It goes from no/minimal pain to burning, throbbing dull pains. I’m in pain daily though always and I feel pretty lost as some days I can’t function . I have posted the X-ray which there is “no infection”. Would there be anything else causing this issue that can be seen? My dentist says as I have an open bite it’s this causing my pain. I’m just worried if I have some deeper issue this could be made even worst by having another brace or treatment. Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• 3722BAE7-66CC-48D5-8512-AF013B6A3B3C.jpeg
    3722BAE7-66CC-48D5-8512-AF013B6A3B3C.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 5
Sorry, anything I said here would be pure guesswork based on a fairly sketchy history and a single x-ray. The person best placed to give you answers is your dentist I'm afraid.

Back