• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still in pain after five days

H

Hando

Hello everyone,
i had my wisdom tooth extracted 5 days ago. I was given pain medication and antibiotics. I know it's wrong, but I always have a night cap before I sleep. But when I wake up the area where my wisdom tooth was is sore and tender. When I take my medication the pain subsides. And even after I have a meal and before I take my medication I'm fine. It's only when I wake up after a night cap that I'm in pain. It's already been five days. Should I be worried? My dentist is on vacation and cannot be reached.
id appreciate any advice.
thanks

This is a forum for phobic/nervous people that need support and encouragement to see a dentist. It is not a general dental forum and we cannot advise you on the condition of your mouth.

The dentists on here give their time free and as often as they can but they cannot treat anyone.

After saying that what you are describing sounds normal healing to me, I am not a dentist. The answer to your question is don't have a night cap if that is causing problems. It is a short time before things are healed and back to normal. Not so long to give the night cap up.

Back